Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Obsessions or Compulsions
- Recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images that are experienced as intrusive, inappropriate and cause marked anxiety or distress.
- Repetitive behaviors that a person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.
- The person recognizes that the obsessions or compulsions are excessive or unreasonable.
- Obsessions or compulsions cause marked distress or significantly interfere with usual functioning, social activities, or relationships.
We specialize in time-limited focused, cognitive-behavioral treatments for Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, including exposure and response prevention treatment.
Dr. Sholomskas and Dr. Taylor received an Obsessive Compulsive Foundation award to study the treatment study of group delivered exposure and response prevention treatment for OCD.
Dr. Sholomskas and Dr. Taylor have served as members of the Scientific Advisory Board for the International OCD Foundation.
Dr. Sholomskas co-leads an OCD support group in Fairfield County with Christina J. Taylor, Ph.D. (FairfieldOCDGroup.freehostia.com)
Diane E. Sholomskas, Ph.D.
203 776.2077 ext.2
2440 Whitney Avenue, 2nd Floor
Hamden, Connecticut 06518
Christina J. Taylor, Ph.D.
2335 Black Rock Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut 06825